Have you been searching high and low for a dreamy, homemade dairy-free cream cheese? Look no further. This four-ingredient recipe from Julia Piatt’s This Cheese is Nuts!: Delicious Vegan Cheese at Home makes a believer out of any vegan cheese skeptic. Exercise your creativity and pair this delectable cashew cream cheese on anything from bagels to crackers to ravioli.
What you need:
2 cups raw cashews, soaked four hours
2 tablespoons coconut oil, plus more for greasing molds
2 cups fresh coconut meat from a brown coconut
¾ cup aquafaba (liquid from canned chickpeas)
What you do:
- Lightly oil two 4-inch cheese molds with coconut oil and line with fine cheesecloth, leaving extra to drape over tops.
- Into a high-powered blender, place cashews, coconut oil, coconut, and aquafaba. Blend 2½ minutes or until smooth.
- Into molds, pour mixture, smooth tops out with a rubber spatula, and cover with rounds of parchment paper.
- Place cheese molds in dehydrator and dehydrate at 90 degrees for 24 hours. Transfer to refrigerate to set overnight.
- Spoon cream cheese from molds into a small serving bowl, leaving harder rind behind. Spread on your favorite bread, baguettes, or crackers.